Where there is desire There is gonna be a flame Where there is a flame Someone’s bound to get burned But just because it burns Doesn’t mean you’re gonna die You’ve gotta get up and try, and try, and try Gotta get up and try, and try, and try You gotta get up and try, and try, and try
"If I get really rich or big investment, what is the first thing I will do for myself."
The answer was
"I will surround my self with 4 key people!"
These are the four key people:
Human Resource expert
Writer and Researcher
Here is a quick reasoning why these four people:
Physical trainer to keep my health in check, who takes care of my workout, my diet, food intake etc. etc. Since healthy body and mind is of utmost importance for me
Human resource helps me find the right person and someone who has an eye for right talent. This specifically is my weak spot.
Writer and Researcher: Communication is essence of the business and life. So I want my communication to be mastered and crafted with perfection. Most importantly i think this is a full time job. What to talk to what person to get most out of relationship.
1. I love their play and technique. They are really well trained and skilled. What we see on ground is just a 90 minutes play. But the real thing is what goes behind. Their training from months to ensure they are in the best form when the time comes to perform. I think every entrepreneur needs to train himself physically and mentally with all the knowledge and skills needed to succeed. Success is the result of good training leading to good performance.
2. I love their team composition. They just dont have one star player unlike most teams, but all equally outstanding players. Three star attackers and excellent defense. I think every startup needs to have a strong team like that. I would love to build a team for my startups like that!
3. Energy - Its all about their attitude. They just don’t give up. They keep bombarding penalty areas without a hint of being tired. Their attitude is to never give up. When I see them play I sense a feeling that: They are willing to die on ground but not give up. This is the most decisive factor between winner and loser. Everyone feels tired. But the if you really wanna win, you just dont give up - You keep fighting.
4. Amazing Coach Louis: He knows game really well. Unlike other Coaches he doesn’t panic but I am sure has lots of things planned (Tim Krul introduction was his master piece) Every Startup Needs Advisors who knows the bigger picture (Market and Industry) and can make the right moves when needed.
Thats it! I would love to see Netherlands win world cup. I would probably the happiest Indian or the only guy in Chile if Netherlands win.
This post is a part of 3 points feedback structure byPhil Daniels. what should we stop doing, start doing and keep doing. This post answers question no. 1: what should startup Chile stop doing.
Final and the shortest post.
What should Startup Chile stop doing.
1. Being passive: This is my counter point to ‘What should we start doing’ post. As I mentioned that Staff is immensely helpful, they are there whenever you need them. But not everyone is proactive to reach out. Maybe we can be more proactive and offer help from our side to entrepreneurs.
2. (Conditional) Office hours: We need to get mentors and office hours with people who are more credible and more suitable to be mentors. I am not convinced to go for office hours with 2 kids who worked at a startup and never had any startups themselves. We need to raise our bar and get the right kind of people for office hours and mentoring.
3. (Conditional) Pitch and Demo days: I love Pitch day! But I am not happy with the way it is pulled off currently. Not everyone needs investment, still have to participate in demo day!. The goal of Demo day and judges are not aligned. Who are these guys judging us? For them to be able to judge us they need proper understanding about the industry. How can you say a business model is good or bad without knowing the nuances of Industry. This is especially true for early stage companies.
This post is a part of 3 points feedback structure by Phil Daniels.. what should we stop doing, start doing and keep doing. This post answers question no. 3: what should startup Chile keep doing.
This post is mainly about why ‘Startup Chile’ is such an amazing experience for any entrepreneurs. I will talk about couple of things that I love in Startup Chile and I hope they keep doing.
This is by far the biggest reason why everyone at Startup Chile loves Startup Chile. What happens when you bring 200 like minded people with similar goals together. Its mind boggling.
Well as of reality, half of the people that you see on pitch day and demo day will not be seen around at all. So when I say community I am talking about the balance 50%.
Its great because we find like minded people, people going through same hustle as you are. Its extremely inspiring when you realize that you are not in this alone. So definitely its the best thing that can ever happen to any startup.
2. Startup Chile Team: Startup Chile team is so amazing. They are the one that fills you and everyone with optimism. Always there to help you. The sincerity in effort that everyone puts to actually help out is really outstanding. Its an important lesson about culture. Startup Chile hires and have build that culture of helping.
3. Autonomy: Another good part of Startup Chile is (unlike other accelerators) is that they give you complete autonomy and zero interference in your business. Which is great because there are no rules or sessions that you have to attend, Its also not that great for some. But we will leave it as an exception for now.
4. The package: What startup Chile puts together. The autonomy, the country : with high potential and paying capacity and low competition + 40,000 USD + community. Its like they give you everything you need and get out of the way, so that now you can focus on building your startup and nothing distracts you. As said by my dear friend ‘Sean Armstrong’ and I quote “Startup Chile is like living a dream” I would completely agree to that. Its spot on.
Thank you. Dont forget reading other two post on ‘start doing’ and ‘stop doing’